Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Update

     After a short break I have decided to post a new blog update to let you know what I am up to at the moment. I had a couple weeks off from school but have now started the summer semester.

Mobile Course
     I mentioned in a previous blog post that I was going to be taking a special course on mobile applications over the summer. I am now a couple of weeks into that course and working hard on course projects. The course project I am working on is an attempt to improve location detection around campus based on the router a mobile device has connected to. Our goal is to improve on GPS which is not as accurate indoors and cannot accurately differentiate between different floors in a build. We hope to eventually use this technology to provide context specific information to mobile users in various different applications.

RPG Project
     Another update I have is related to my RPG game project. I have posted another YouTube video showcasing some of the new features. Unfortunately, due to my busy schedule this summer I may not have much time to add more to it any time soon.
     Also, I feel I have hit a roadblock with this project. I have reached a point where my engine has enough features for me to start making a game, but I lack a clear vision for what I want the game to be about, and what the story will be. This is a problem I have come across with many of my previous projects and is why I have never been able to take my project to the point of completion. This is something I hope to think about over the next couple months and try to develop solutions for, while at the same time improving and adding to the existing features of my engine.


No comments:

Post a Comment